This Call For Proposals is closed.
It closed on
June 14, 2021 (Mon).
The DevOpsDays Portland Call for Proposals is now open! The CFP closes June 14, 11:59:59 PM PT, and speakers will be notified in July.
DevOpsDays Portland takes place September 20 and 21 online.
Please use this form to submit for one of the six 20-minute talk slots or a 5-minute Ignite talk. Talks will be recorded, with a live Q&A after for the 20 minute slots. There will also be open space sessions at the event, but both proposal and selection will happen during the event. All selected speakers will receive a free ticket to the event.
More information about the selection process
- During the first stage of reviews, proposals will be evaluated on the session content alone (aka "blind" review). Please do not identify yourself in the body of the abstract.
- In order to ensure a diverse set of speakers including new speakers, local community members and underrepresented voices in tech, later stages of review will take speaker demographics and history into account.
- Original talks, and/or a fresh angle on relevant topics, are encouraged.
- Vendor pitches will not be selected. Sales pitches are much better suited for sponsor booths, and sponsors at or above the Gold level will have an opportunity to give short pitches between talks.
- Multiple submissions are fine, within reason.
- Talks submitted for a third party will be summarily rejected. If your organization requires someone else propose for you, please contact us via email (email@example.com), and we’ll figure something out.
- We’d love to hear from new speakers, local folks, and underrepresented voices in tech.
- If you don't have the gear to record a talk with, we can send it to you if your talk is accepted.
Helpful hints for proposing
- Be specific. The more information you can give us about what to expect from your talk, the better.
- Highlight what you think attendees will take away from the talk.
- If you’re unsure if your topic is appropriate, we recommend looking at past schedules on devopsdays.org to get a sense of what’s been successful in the past.
- When in doubt, submit!
- If you’ve given a similar talk before, link us there (if it’s available online) and tell us how this talk will be different.
Direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to chat if you want to run some ideas by us — don’t hesitate to reach out if you’ve got thoughts to work through before submitting.